Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jaccov

CX Programmer 6.0

8 posts in this topic

We have made a FB with nesting FB's the FB allocation is as follow Non Retain E0-E20000 Retain H512-H1511 When we are montioring the FB some bits are not correctly, sometimes the EN bit is OFF, or some inputs that we know they are ON they show OFF. In the attachment there is a screenprint of the problem, IdKoord is off, that is correct. But the 2 timers, tKoord1 and tKoord2 are ON, that is not correct. Is there someone who had the same problem and knows the solution. Thanks, Edited by jaccov

Is there then nobody who has this same problem??????

Hello jaccov, Are you using more than 1 Invocation of this FB instance within your program? If so, you will see this sort of anomoly. This is because the monitoring is of the FB Instance, and not the individual Invocations. Any help Regards anonymous

Sorry anonymous, I don't understand what you mean. Are you dutch? We are using the instance once because you can't use it twice.

Hi jaccov, No, I'm from the U.K. What I meant was... In the Global Symbol table, you declare an instance of the Function Block - e.g. "MyFunctionBlock" is an Instance of 'FunctionBlock1' This Instance can be used many times in your Ladder Program (these are known as 'Invocations') - e.g. the Instance "MyFunctionBlock" can be used as many times as you wish within the Ladder Program, (using this method saves a lot of memory) - see bitmap. Judging by your reply, this isn't the cause of the problem. I'll dig around a bit and see if I can find anything out. Probably be back with more questions! By the way, apart from the monitoring, does the function block work as expected? Regards anonymous

Oops, forgot the image... anonymous

anonymous Thanks for you explain but, you say it by yourself, this is not the problem. The functionblock works fine, only the monitoring is not correct.

Hello jaccov, Is the FB in question 'nested' within another Function Block? When I nest a Function Block, I can 'kind of' recreate what you are seeing - (see attached image) - but can't actually get the problem to occur on it's own. I think that it may be something to do with exactly when the FBs are enabled / disabled, and the Timers being reset - but I can't be absolutely certain. If I can find out any more, then (and I quote) "I'll be back". Regards anonymous