Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mdavis

Intermediate PLC RTU Training Search

3 posts in this topic

I am a process control technician who has an interest in PLC and RTU programming in Ladder Diagram and Function Block. Do you know of any excellent easy to comprehend intermediate books or online courses where I can learn programming beyond AND, OR, JMP, CTR, and TMR functions? I have taken basic manufacturers PLC and HMI courses and would like to go further to understand Modbus/Modbus Plus communication, BTW/BTR, programming for analog input, programming for redundancy, moving data, and correct programming style. I am currently working with Allen Bradley, Modicon, and GE Fanuc PLCs and RTUs. Thank You

mDavis, There are a number of resources at your disposal. The articles on this web site may be of assistance to you. The www.plcs.net site, offers both online tutorials and a very popular forum. The owner of this site also has a book and video series available for purchase. If you are looking for something hands on, you may want to try www.learningpit.com We also offer a comprehensive download for our own controllers. Included are 32 programming examples, manual and simulator that is built into the software. Hope this helps. God Bless,

I came across a PDF file that is called Theory of PLC's it is quite huge but if you would like I may be able to email it to you, if you would like to give me you're email address.