Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gravitar

Need firmware for SLC 5/05

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a recent firmware image for the SLC 5/05? My copy of ControlFlash is a couple years old and I found firmware images on the AB/RSI site for everything BUT the 5/05... thanks!

Aww c'mon, ONE of you has had to upgrade a 5/05.. haven't you? Well if not, and if the need does arise, I've got a firmware image from late 2003 if somebody needs it!

I am not sure, if SLC firmware is free. PLC5 firmware you have to buy. Call support, they will tell you, if it is free, they will email it to you.

Ok figure this one out. If you've got a 5/03 or 5/04, you use an EEPROM chip in a carrier (looks identical to the backup memory module) to upgrade the firmware. A-B will GIVE this to you upon request. On the 5/05, the upgrade is a software download. No additional hardware needed. A-B CHARGES you for this... I think they said it was $129 Not this apparent lapse of reason should surprise me, mind you.. Maybe they figure if you bought a 5/05 in the first place, you must have a big budget for the job and won't mind spending more for the firmware upgrade!

the slc5/05 uses control flash you do not need the eeprom should be able to get this download from the rockwell Software site.