Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
humbe17

RSView and MIB files

7 posts in this topic

hello, i need say in first time: "MY ENGLISH KNOWLEDGE IS SHORT" but i´ll explain the best possible. I have RSView32 software and need read from UPS´s cards a variety of parameters. The UPS´s cards have files .MIB whit the tags and network´s configuration. I haved listed need create a aplication in DELPHI for do the interchange data between RSView and MIB files. Anybody can said me how i´ll do for develop and interchange this aplications. Thanks. e-mail: humbe17@yahoo.com

Purchase an "SNMP to OPC Gateway" software. This will allow RSView32 to read data from the UPS devices as defined by the MIB files.

Thank you KEN, i´ll go to find that software.

Just for my own knowledge, does "UPS" in this context mean uninterruptible power supply, united parcel service, or something else? What is a .MIB file? (Men in Black? :)

...this UPS is refered to Uninterruptible Power Supply. The MIB files (Management Information Base) is a document declaring the specifics of the information supported by the SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) to integrate the units into the monitoring system.

About the some... Can I use the VisualBasic RSView editor for execute the MIB files, read and monitoring parameters of the UPSs? What´s the procedure?

The easiest way to handle MIB-defined data objects from a SNMP-enabled device is to have them converted to OPC items by an OPC/SNMP gateway. I am not able to give advice about using Delphi or VBA to try to do this from scratch. I would not recommend it.