Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
siame

slc500 rj45

4 posts in this topic

hello I need to communicate to an SLC 500. this plc have a rj45 port. I need the pc-plc pinout..!! Thank´s From uruguay, Sebastian

Were gonna need some part numbers, it could be a slc 5/05 or a slc 5/03. If its a 5/05, a crossover from your computers ethernet port will work, or a patch cable from your router/switch. If its a 5/03, your going to need to buy a pcmk with a pcm4 cable, or a PIC module.

The SLC5/01, 5/02 and 5/03 all have RJ45 ports on them, but the SCL5/03 also has a serial port, so I am assuming that you have either a 5/01 or a 5/02. If you have a 5/05 then the port is an ethernet port, however the 5/05 also has a regular serial port and since you didn't mention it, I'm assuming that you do not have the 5/05 The port is a DH-485 (network) port and you cannot communicate directly to it from a serial port on your computer. We can talk about all kinds of hardware, but I am going to assume you just want to go online with a laptop. In that case you will need the following: RSLogix500 software. RSLinx 2.4 or higher. (Linx-lite comes with RSLogix500 and if all you are doing is programming it will be sufficient) 1747-UIC - This is a device that plugs into the USB port of your laptop and allows you to communicate with the DH-485 port on the PLC. If this is not what you are looking for then please provide more information. Edited by Alaric

This is sort of a related question.. As you know, A-B used two types of 8-pin connectors for DH485. One is the familiar RJ45 connector, the other is a very uncommon fat plug made by AMP. Does anyone know of a source for these? (Other than buying C10 cables and cutting the ends off..)