albmopar

Old School - SLC 100 Programming

3 posts in this topic

I have AB APS 1747-PA2E and a several 1745-PCC. The problem is I can't connect to the PLC (SLC 100 - 1745-LP101) with it. Is there other software to use or am I just missing something.

I do not believe that there was an APS software that connected to the SLC-100. The SLC-100 software was called PCIS. 1745-PCD. The interface converter to talk to the SLC-100 was 1745-PCC.

APS definitely did not have anything to do with the SLC 100/150 family. the only thing they share in common with the SLC 500 family is the first three letters :) There were two programming packages for the SLC 100/150.. The traditional 1745-PCIS, and an ICOM "Ladder Logistics" version. I'm not sure if A-B still sells PCIS.. I'm pretty sure they still have the ICOM/RSI version though. As long as we're on the topic, is anyone using the ICOM "Logistics" version? Let me know, I'm interested in what people think about it. I've never seen it in operation.. I've got the executables but couldn't ever find a suitable activation for it. The 1745-PCC (or aftermarket replacement) is the correct cable. I know you can still get these from A-B, and there are one or two people selling an aftermarket replacement version on ebay. If you didn't already have one I would suggest this route, as it is much cheaper, more compact, and has an actual DB-9 serial port! Anyway, to the original poster, message me if you need the software and I'll point you in the right direction.