Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kothy

PLC 5/40 and PanelView 1000

2 posts in this topic

Hello all, Problems with PLC 5/40 and PanelView1000. I am running in to some timing issues here between the PLC5/40(one rack no I/O cards) and the panelview 100 terminal using REMOTE I/O communication. The program has 12 block trasfer blocks. The processor seems to be taking more time as long as 5 to 8 secs to scan all these blocks which are cascaded in the program and write to the PanelView1000. Now initially i thought the above process is the root cause. But I tried a different program with only four block transfer blocks whcih took the same time. Now I am using a Belden Blue Hose cable which is around 2 feet in lenght and terminating resistors with it. Could anybody explain me why is the process taking so much time? thanks in advance kothy

Hi: Not to pick nits, but you did use resistors (plural). To the best of my knowledge, there should never be more than one resistor on any blue hose circuit (DH+ or Remote I/O). Try removing the resistor nearest the PLC. I'd also check the configuration of all your communication ports on the PLC, particularly the RIO port. Bill