Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Crawf

Cannot Communicate with Logix 5555

3 posts in this topic

I am having problems communicating with the Logix 5555 controllers we have at work. I first tried to communicate with an Ethernet/IP module through a network hub using RSLinx. After configuring the driver and going to RS Who all I get is an Unrecognised Device. I am sure that I have all the EDS files installed. After having no joy with this I tried using the RS232 DF1 cable directly into the processor. When I clicked on the Auto Configure button in RSLinx I got a message saying that it could not verify due to a timeout and to check cable connections. I did all this to no avail. Can someone please help, I'm pulling my hair out. Thanks

When connecting with RS232 you must use a null modem serial cable and be sure to change the device tab in the driver config screen to "Logix5550/CompactLogix" before using Auto-Configure. As far as the Ethernet comms, is you laptop in the same network as the Ethernet IP module? What diver are you using in RSLinx to configure for the module. You may also want to try removing the hub and just use a Crossover E-Net Cable diectly fom your computer to the Ethernet Module Edited by TechJunki

I recently installed a new ENBT card which was not recognised by Linx. I downloaded the latest EDS file from the Rockwell web site and this cured the problem. There has obviously been a recent firmware update.