Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Sim

No Tag Error (72)

16 posts in this topic

Hi! I try to read/write a tag I-CODE (specs: http://www.pdcorp.com/rfid/brochures/SBSpec.pdf) with an Reader/Writer: Omron v720s-hmf01 The test is with a evb 3.0 sample program. Testing the rfid device is working but i can't read or write nothing on the tag... :( The comm setings: Form1.Comm1.CommPort = intCOMport Form1.Comm1.DTREnable = 1 Form1.Comm1.Handshaking = comRTS Form1.Comm1.InputLen = 0 Form1.Comm1.InputMode = comInputModeText Form1.Comm1.NullDiscard = False Form1.Comm1.ParityReplace = "?" Form1.Comm1.RTSEnable = 1 Form1.Comm1.RThreshold = 1 Form1.Comm1.Settings = "9600,E,8,1" Form1.Comm1.SThreshold = 1 You have some suggestions? Thnks!

Completation: the RFID tag is: PDC Smart™ SuperBand® ( http://www.pdcorp.com/rfid/rfid_wristbands.html ) This tag can be read by Omron V720S-HMF01 reader/writer? Thnks!

Omron V720S-HMF01 reader/writer can be used by Phillips I-CODE and I-CODE SLI (ISO 15693) It seems that if your model is 472PT-**-PDM then V720S-HMF01 may not be used for this thpe of tag. I have tried V720S-HMF01 on both I-CODE and I-CODE SLI (ISO 15693) versions, it is working. So I am sure that 472PI-**-PDM model is compatible with your device. I am using: frmMain.cmmOMRON.Output = "412000FFFF" + Chr(13) For ISO 15693 I-CODE SLI chip. I have developed this program for CASSIOPEIA IT-700 model 4 ~ 5 months ago, and I dont remember how I build the string, I have to read the manual of V720S-HMF01 again. If you have 72 error, it seems that you are able to communicate to CF card, so your parameters are correct. I think you will only have to check your read and write requests, especially for tag types. If you tell me about the model of PDC Smart™ SuperBand®, I can tell you about the correct request for your tag. Also, which PocketPC are you using? CASIO? Symbol? Intermec? Which model? Because I am searching an alternative for my CASIO. Best Regars,

OK I have found the manual, Now, lets divide my string into meaningful parts: 412000FFFF 41 : Read UID and memory data simultaneously for I-CODE SLI 20 : Communications option, (0010 0000) means that ISO/IEC15693 (4byte/page type), Show in HEX, (it is important here, DO NOT USE JIS MODE, otherwise you may read 8 as 0 or vice versa. Please use HEX. ), read in single trigger mode. Read bank 0, all available pages. So, if you are using old I-CODE cihps, your string can be as follows: "310000FFFF" Hope this helps. Note: Please tell me which PocketPC you are using. Best Regards,

Finally, I forgot to attach the manual. Here it is. Best Regards, OMRON_CF_Manual.pdf

moosty, First of all I want to thank you for your answers. I think I have 472PI-**-PDM, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm using an iPAQ hx4700, Pocket PC 2003, with a runtime for eVB. I have tried the codes mentioned by you, but no success. The same 72 Error. Regards.

If is not to much to ask, do you have a test application for 472PI-**-PDM that I can use? ;)

Hello Sim & Concorde, It seems that your tag is I-CODE inside, old version. So, it is better to try 310000FFFF string to send. I have not exactly same 472PI-**-PDM model, but an I-CODE sample (credit card size) with me. I will try to read this chip. If successful, I will submit the sample program. Please try to test your tag closer to the reader. And do not forget that reading direction is in the downward. See attached picture. Your tag seems small and small tags require closer reading distances. I am trying to read I-CODE Best Regards,

Sorry, forgot to attach picture

All right guys, Here is a sample program for V720S-HMF01. String 310000FFFF works for old I_CODE. Program is in the zip file. It is strange bu I have received "70" when no tag around, I was surprised because waiting "72" Hope this helps. I_CODE.zip

And here is the screen captures of the sample program.

Thank You for your fast and complete response! But it seems the tags are not compatible with this reader... :( We have to try with another tag... Thank You again!

Hi Again! We fond this on specs: As the status of QUIET mode is not defined at delivery, the first command to be executed on. the I•CODE1 Label IC should be the Reset QUIET Bit command! But we found nothing on how to use this command... We have tried to write on page E but no success... So do u know something about "Reset QUIET Bit command" ? Thanks!

Oww, I have never tried to use this bit. I have never used Reset Quiet bit before, it is interesting. I always had my I-CODE chips "Not Quiet". So, let's try something. Let me look at to I-CODE manual of Phillips. OK, it says that the first command to be executed is Reset QUIET bit. Now, let's search for "How to reset Quiet bit by OMRON" in manual. Not found. So, let me think When I read all the contents from my I-CODE, I saw that my block 3 seems as "03 00 00 00", so we can try to write the same value in to your chips in block 3. Now, let's build the request string, Read -> 02 (Look into page 4-21 of CF manual) Com. Options -> 00 Page Specification -> 00 08 Data -> 03 00 00 00 Can you try to send the following string: "0200000803000000" If you get an answer as "00", it means that Also I will try to do this. Hope this helps.

Hi Sim, I have tries and noticed that the page corresponding to QUIET/EAS is not page "0008", it corresponds to page 4 in chip. QUIET/EAS page is page E, so I have tried to change my page specification to binary "0100 0000 000 000" equals to 4000 Hex, unfortunately I get a 14 error. I don't know how I made it, but my QUIET/EAS area turn in to "0000 0000" from "0300 0000", I have never succeeded any write operation in this area. I have only tried to use EAS Activate/deactivate command. Try to use EAS Activate : "0800" EAS Deactivate "0801" Try this, I could not find another solution. Sorry

Hi! Thank you for your efforts! We got answer from Omron. This reader/writer can't set quiet bit... :( So we have to get tags wit quiet bit seted. Thank you again! ttl