Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kothy

RSLogix5000

5 posts in this topic

hi, Im trying to understand Function Block programming in RSLogix5000,but could'nt quite understand it. Want to know if i can get some free tutorials on learning these function blocks ASAP. Please help! Thanx Kothy

If you familiar with ladder logic, would be easy to understand function block. How to configure function block, please refer to controllogix manuals. You can get this manual from online books on RSLogix 5000 (from help go to Online Books). For general application, choose Logix 5000 General Instruction or if for drive or process application, choose Logix 5000 Process/Drive Instrucion. James

Thanks James, I understand ladder logic verywell. I am trying to implement a "IF THEN ELSE" loop in function blocks where i got stuck. For Example How do I represent IF <A>=B> THEN<A=C>;provided all the tag types are real this might be simple but i am tired looking into instruction help and other resources. I appreciate ur help. Kothy.

Use an EQUal compare block and a SELect block. You will need to have something for the 'else' condition.

Gerry, SEL function worked out. Thanx kothy