Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_Wayne

Engineer

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried the widgets from WebDock? The price seems right but I have limited experience with data collection and widgets. Wayne

Looks like another salesman joined the group...

Actually I am looking at several other alternatives also. But WebDock's seems to fit. Maybe I should re-word my question. I am looking for a way to view data remotly from my web browser. Does anyone have any ideas. I am looking at WebDock's software as a possible solution. I do not want to write any VB/C/HTML/OPC or other code to get my data and YES price is a consideration as I have a small network of 6 ENET PLC5/80s. Thanks

I've never heard of these Widgets before today. I'll admit, they look cute ! In my opinion, a system using six of A-B's largest PLC-5 controllers isn't "small", but then I don't know what sort of budget you've been given to work on this. For a PLC-5 system of that scope I generally use RSView32 and the Webserver. That scales nicely depending on how many tags you have to view.

I have RSView on other networks as the HMI. This network is isolated from it. So I need data storage as well as data viewing. I have around 800 datapoints that need to be collected on certain events and at shift changes. I downloaded DataPort from their website this morning and so far today it has been working as needed. As for budget, my chief says we have no budget. I was just curious what others are doing and about the widgets. Wayne