JayTom

FTViewer Studio - Login Pushbutton

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

My company is asking me to lock out our "manual" mode push button and I have followed all the steps to do so by setting up a group and users. I set up the runtime security, and then set up the display with the proper security code needed and when I press the login push button the login prompt does not display. Our HMI's are all ran through "Test Display" on our VM so we have each station window up separately on the monitor and I am wondering if this is why the prompt doesn't appear? I can't find any answer as to why it wouldn't appear, just my own speculation. First time posting here, so sorry if I'm lacking any more useful information.

Thank you in advance

You posted this question in a different thread. Here's the answer I gave there:

"Test Display is a feature of the FactoryView Studio (programming tool) where you test a single display's functions when writing the code. You're testing whether a numeric display or text box accurately shows the value of an analog tag in the controller, of if a momentary pushbutton does, in fact, actuate a controller's XIC instruction. Test Display tests only one display at a time, and cannot interact with other displays or project-scope features. As such, certain objects on your display, like display navigation buttons, login/logout buttons, shutdown/goto-config buttons, etc, will not work in Test Display. To test those types of objects you would have use use the "running man" icon to Test Application, which would create a temporary .MER application and launch it on your laptop, and this would would give you full functionality.

Test Display and Test Application are project development tools only. They are intended to be used during project development to test your programming before you create and download a .MER file to the PanelView. They should not be used as the primary operator interface with your process".

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, ElectronGuru said:

You posted this question in a different thread. Here's the answer I gave there:

"Test Display is a feature of the FactoryView Studio (programming tool) where you test a single display's functions when writing the code. You're testing whether a numeric display or text box accurately shows the value of an analog tag in the controller, of if a momentary pushbutton does, in fact, actuate a controller's XIC instruction. Test Display tests only one display at a time, and cannot interact with other displays or project-scope features. As such, certain objects on your display, like display navigation buttons, login/logout buttons, shutdown/goto-config buttons, etc, will not work in Test Display. To test those types of objects you would have use use the "running man" icon to Test Application, which would create a temporary .MER application and launch it on your laptop, and this would would give you full functionality.

Test Display and Test Application are project development tools only. They are intended to be used during project development to test your programming before you create and download a .MER file to the PanelView. They should not be used as the primary operator interface with your process".

Thank you! This is what I was trying to confirm, and what I suspected the issue was. Unfortunately this is how they have this line set up as it was intended to be a prototype, the stations don't have HMI access for operators its just all controlled at the mothership. I will have to look for an alternative way to do this then. Very appreciated!

1 person likes this