Mabel100

Yaskawa V1000 - GA500 MODBus compatibility

2 posts in this topic

Hi!

I need to replace a 3-phase CIMR-VU4A0011FAA with a newer 1-phase  GA50UB012ABA for a project I am working on. As I have read in both manuals, electrical connections are the same for both inverters and Modbus commands appear to be 100% compatible.

The older CIMR is installed with a controller through RS-485, I am wondering if I can replace the older CIMR with the newer GA500 unit so it still will work with the same commands.

kind regards,

If the Modbus maps for the old unit and the new unit match identically, same register addresses, same data formats, and the serial settings on the replacement unit match the old unit, then the Modbus Master/Client should encounter not difference in either reading or writing data to/from new unit.  

The assumption is that the operation of the new unit does not vary from the old unit, the commands work the same way, which is usually the case for updates over time because vendors want the replacment business and having functional compatibility between old and new Modbus comm tends to make people stay with the same brand.