Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
basicbill

versapro updates and firmware updates

3 posts in this topic

Hi, Now that I can communicate with GE plcs with my new laptop I have tried to make some changes on a Series 90 Micro. I 'loaded' from the PLC, made a few changes and when I tried to 'store' to the PLC I got this error .... "Warning Firmware revision 1 is incompatible with VersaPro." and it won't let me continue. I loaded the original program with VersaPro on my old laptop but I think I may have upgraded it. In any case, GE's support site is not very intuitive. Can someone provide a link to upgrade a. the PLC firmware b. VersaPro upgrade (current is 2.01) For the record, the PLC is a model IC693UDR001CP1 Monday, back at work I'll be able to program the 90-30's! Boss will be very happy! Thanks for any pointers you may have.

That error is telling you that the PLC's firmware needs to be updated. If the S90 Micro does not have the latest version of firmware you will be able to upload but not download with VersaPro or Proficy ME, the latest software. The latest version is 3.1. You can download it from www.gefanuc.com. You may need to log-in with your GE SSO. Try this link first. http://www.geindustrial.com/cwc/gefanuc/su.../s90micro-u.htm and DL the update kit next to your part number.

I forgot to mention: You must follow directions exactly, as it is posable to erase the Flash and render the PLC UN-Recoverable.