Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Drew

Ge Fanuc 90-30 PLC & PCM Module ASCII Data Applica

3 posts in this topic

Dear all, I’m working on an application using a 90-30 series PLC (CPU350) and a PCM 301. I have a desktop PC that will send the PCM module an ASCII string and I need to convert this into useable data in the PLC. I have the LogicMaster PLC software but I don’t have any software as yet for the PCM module. Can anyone give any advice on the different ways that this can be achieved and what software, if any, is required for the PCM module? Please give as much information as you can, no matter how trivial, as any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Drew.

goto GE website get the manual gfk-0255k,all the answers are inside.

Hi Drew, I would like to share my experiences for using the PCM module; hopefully it is helpful to you. 1. You should have a HyperTerminal, a RS232 cable (DB9F to DB25M). **DB9F DB25M** 2-2 3-3 5-7 2. Configure the PCM module to BASIC mode and set the comm. setting through LogicMaster, then downloads the setting to PLC 90-30 **note: I’m using VersaPro's hardware configuration to do it, I assure the logicMaster can do the same thing.** 3. Using HyperTerminal link to PCM module, press "enter" key and "ready" will be prompted. Congratulation, you have communicate with PCM module. If not, check you cable, HyperTerminal setting and troubleshoot your PCM module. 4. Key in "!!" and press "enter" 5. Key in "rbasic.exe" and press enter 6. Key in your basic program 7. Save your program using "save ram:program-name" **The program name can be "basic.pgm" if you want the module auto run this program when power up or restart** Hope that you won't find I'm too nagging. Feel free to sent me a mail. cltoh77@yahoo.com Regards, CLToh