Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nileshsurya

addreesing query for 1794-adn

2 posts in this topic

hi thr all PLC experts and ppl currently im doing a project which has following config 1)flexlogix processor with local and local2 racks one 1788-dnbo card with 1794-adn adapter the adn adapter has about 6 modules. my question is that what will be the i/o address of the modules attached to the 1794-adn devicenet adapter(im lookin for the i/o addressing format) will add some more details soon rt now in a hurry waiting 4a reply from all u experts thnx in advance regards NILESHSURYA

In other networking systems like A-B RIO, the memory location in the controller corresponds to the network address and slot number of the 1794 FLEX I/O module. With DeviceNet, however, the memory location in the controller for a 1794 FLEX I/O module is entirely dependent on the "mapping" that you perform in RSNetworx for DeviceNet. Generally, FLEX I/O uses 16-bit data elements, while the 1788-DNBO uses 32-bit data elements. You will probably have to use COP instructions in ladder logic to sort out the FLEX I/O data from the Input and Output tags of the 1788-DNBO.