Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fordmanck

STL question

3 posts in this topic

Hey all. I'm trying to troubleshoot an alarm we're getting with a machine. The alarm is being generated in STL which I have basically 0 experience on. I'm hoping someone can tell me what event is setting the output in this code.

A     #_IN_AlarmsReset
      AN    #_OUT_AxisMovementRequest
      R     #_OUT_PositioningError
      A     #MY_OK_Tracking
      AN    #Err_Min_Tol
      A     #INFO_Profile_Finished
      =     #T_OUT_Posizion_Run

A     #T_OUT_Position_On
      S     #_OUT_PositioningError

hi fordmanck,

look at the two last lines, seems you get a positioning error (SET OUT_PositioningError) after the timeout (T_OUT_PositionOn) occurs.
I think this is either a timeout for detecting that the positioning has been started ("on") or that the target position has been reached.
You should search the program for the timer "T_OUT_Position_On" to check out which circumstances cause the timer to be set.

2 hours ago, AndreasW said:

hi fordmanck,

look at the two last lines, seems you get a positioning error (SET OUT_PositioningError) after the timeout (T_OUT_PositionOn) occurs.
I think this is either a timeout for detecting that the positioning has been started ("on") or that the target position has been reached.
You should search the program for the timer "T_OUT_Position_On" to check out which circumstances cause the timer to be set.

Thank you, that's what I thought was happening. I will look into the timer and see what's turning it on. Thanks for the reply!