lupodellasleppa

IC200ALG264 Analog Input module

2 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Thanks for the forum which has provided me with a lot of help overtime.
I'm posting my first thread since I can't seem to find an answer to my issue.

I'll quickly explain the situation: I'll be installing a RTD sensor to a GE Fanuc IC200ALG264 analog input module using a 4-20mA converter.

Everything is fine except I can't seem to understand the polarities of the Fanuc inputs.

I'll explain better: the module has an IC200CHS022 for the terminals, 15 terminals total, and the manual is reporting a "number" and a "connection" for each terminal.

Now, the "number" seems to correspond to the visible pin of the terminal. But the positive and negative symbols are represented on the "connection", which I can't seem to wrap my head around what it means.

Attached are abstracts from the manual and a photo of the terminals.

Please tell me where to connect positive and negative outputs of the 4-20mA converter.

Thank you.

Terminals Table

Terminals drawing

Terminals photo (front)

Edited by lupodellasleppa
1 person likes this

One key word under product description is 'single ended'.  That means the (-) side of all the signals are connected all together at one point.

The terminal labeled RTN on the Field Wiring Terminals table means return, or the common, (-) side of the input(s).

The wiring diagram shows the field device on the left with its positive output connecteed to In, (-) connected to RTN.

wiring-diagram-for-15-pt-4-20m-A-input-c

The In (I2, I4) number represents the current source field device (I is current in Ohms Law).

What is not spelled out is what happens when the field device is a loop power transmitter and needs a loop power supply.

So the (+) side of the current signal goes to the An terminal,  which is either
- the negative terminal on a loop powered transmitter (because the positive terminal of the transmitter is connected to the Power supply (+), or
- the positive output from a 3 wire or 4 wire field device.

and then either
- the negative (return) of the loop power supply output connects to the RTN terminal
- the negative outputs from either 3-wire or 4-wire field devices are run to terminal blocks, jumpered together and then connected to RTN.

The wiring diagram essentially shows the same thing -

Test it with a single field device.

I haven't a clue what all the Bn connectors do.  Shame they can't be used as RTN or (-) connections.