Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kenny

Actuator

3 posts in this topic

Do you have any reference about different types of actuator . I am a college student who doing reserach about this topic. cause I need to do a project for this topic. I need more information

Do you have a project that needs actuators and you are looking for some help in that area or are you doing a research project on the different types of actuators? If you have a project already, tell us about it and I am sure you will get plenty of help. If this is a research project on all the different actuators out there, I would start by going to google and doing a search on actuators. Hope this helps, Bob O

There's lots of types, as the above response mentioned, more detail would help get more help. Some basic actuators Electro-mechanical : An electro-magnet causes a magnetic object to move. (Exmaple - an electric buzzer door lock that is common to "Buzz" people into apartment buildings.) Pneumatic : An air pressure causes an object to move. Hydraulic : A liquid pressure causes an object to move. Thermal-Dynamic : A heat source or chilling source causes an object to expand or retract. (Example - a mercury switch that sits on a sprial spring in a thermostat. The sprial spring is the actuator) ---- There are also severl types of Physical actuators that can be used on limit switches. The actuators can be cam arms, roller arms, contact pressure, etc.