Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marshall

DDE TO EXCELL

5 posts in this topic

I am using dde to excell to monitor a few points. It has worked fine on a test PLC When I tried it on another identical PLC I keep getting # Bad Point in the cell.I have tried many different settings. At first I was getting comm error now just # bad point. I am using an OMRON CS1G-CPU-45H Connected Toolbus Thanks for all of the great info on this site.

What are you using to upload your data...

I am using Cx-Server DDE manager

The first time we managed dde to excel, we used Cx-server, i remember having problems with bad points and we got around it. I will have a look tomorrow at our previous setup, because we are now using Plc Reporter through Fins, and it works like a charm. I will try to recreate the bad points situation. Have you tried changing the update interval between Cx and your application !

Thanks for the reply, I will try different update intervals tomorrow. I can not find the difference between the test plc that works with dde and one that is on the plant floor. I am new to dde concept. We have one machine without HMI so I am trying to implement alarms and step counter with comments.