Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest low on the pole

deep dodo

8 posts in this topic

Anybody out there on a saturday night, Just recently had a 300 ton bliss progressive stamping press recontrolled with a/b a and b ethernet processors and a color ethernet panelview. Took a week to get running right. 60 hp eddy drive motor took a dump friday. Been working since 5am this morning installing new motor and new powerflex 700 drive. Got it running around 5pm. Need to get into p/v program to put stroke meter and few other things into program. Panelview is 2711-k6c20 600 color ethernet, frn 4.20-4xx. When I go to upload program it starts to open and then gives me failed to open document. Have p/v 3.81 on laptop. Never had this happen like this. I was uploading on ethernet, everything fine there, linx is seeing everything. Also tried point to point on df-1, no com there. Printer port is disabled, so that should of worked, but linx not seeing anything but laptop. Got to get this going by sun night as the toetappers and bean counters are going to want to see 60 strokes a minute out of this piece of crap monday morning. HELP!

Are you saying that the File Transfer Utility upload of the *.PVA file from the PanelView failed, or that you cannot open the resulting file in PanelBuilder32 ? I could not determine that from your post. Remember that the PanelView has a "DCE" type serial port, so you use a straight-through serial cable to upload/download from it, instead of the "null modem" type that you use to connect to an SLC or a Logix controller. You can also get the configuration program out of the PanelView using the ATA memory card... a regular old CompactFlash card in a Type II PCMCIA carrier will work in there. You can get to the configuration screen by pressing the right and left arrow buttons simultaneously. I am working this weekend and have PanelBuilder32 software as well; if you get it uploaded but still cannot open it maybe I can have a shot at the file.

mR. Roach , Completely forgot about the nc-13 cable. Haven't used it in awhile. everything is on a net. Haven't been point to point on anything in a while. When I was trying to upload on ethernet, everything looked fine. It shows I have the file where I saved it to. But when it goes to open , it starts to open and failed to open document error comes up. Its almost like the error you get with a bad floppy. The only flash card I have is out of p/v 1400e is that the same. Going to run out now and try point to point. Geez thanks. Might be able to slide out of here by 3am. Mucho thank you , owe you a cold one.

Let me try that PVA file. E-mail it to : kiroach (at) rockwellautomation (dot) com

Ken, emailed p/v file to you. tried point to point and same error came up. thanks

You mentioned the error is like one you get with a bad floppy drive. Since it is on the EtherNet could you point your destination directory to a different drive? Or am I thinking in the wrong dirrection? I have a thought if you need to get this beast goining and the "toetappers" (I like that one) happy. Could you go into the processors program and enter the values via your laptop? It might get you some time... Luke

It's my understanding that you can't use standard panelbuilder software with the new panelview plus, you've got to use rsview studio machine edition.

Come on guys, how did the movie ended? A most interresting situation.