Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
neilgehrke

HELP! Panelbuilder harmony object error. HELP!

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I am able to communicate from my PC to a 300 panelview, meaning I can see in in RSWHO, but when I try to upload or download a project I get this error. "Error (2229)-DTL_E_RSHARMONY_INVOKE_METHOD, could not invoke method on RSHarmony object" A co-worker can transfer to the panel using the same setup and cable I have. I could not find anything at AB support. Help!!!!!!!!

Harmony is a subsystem of RSLinx, and is responsible for that "RSI Directory Server" icon that accompanies RSLinx in the services toolbar. Here's how I always fix Harmony problems: 1. Shut down RSLinx and the Harmony server. 2. Delete Harmony.HRC and Harmony.RSH. I think they are both in the Program Files .... RSLinx directory. They might be in another RSI directory.. search for them. 3. Reboot. RSLinx will rebuild the Harmony files the first time the program is run. You'll lose your shortcuts and driver definitions, but they software ought to function correctly after this. The next step is to start uninstalling and reinstalling, and that's a lot less fun.

Well I tried what you recommended. When I started up Linx everything came up fine. but I am still getting the same error whjen trying to transfer to the PV. UGHHHHH. I closed linx before i did anything, but where do I shutdown the linx and harmony server?