Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rnelson959708

Saving tag data in Studio 5000 Logix Designer

3 posts in this topic

I am adding a couple of tags to an existing Control Logix 5000 PLC program using Logix Designer. After adding the tags via the contoller tag editor and saving the project I am unable to see the new tags in the offline project. However, if a go online witht the controller I am able to see the tags in the online project. I did an online edit when I added the tags. Does anyone have any idea why I can not see the tags in the offline project, but can see them when I go online with the PLC?

Offline project...offline.  Unless you updated the OFFLINE tag database after you made edits, your PC (where the OFFLINE tag database probably resides), does not know about the changes you made.  Point the offline tag database to the latest version of the program.

Offline, Refresh...this will update the off line tag database with the latest tag additions/deletions.  Refer to page 33.  https://www.rockwellautomation.com/resources/downloads/rockwellautomation/pdf/events/raotm/sessions/manuals/L06-FactoryTalkView.pdf

On 4/3/2017 at 5:42 AM, kaiser_will said:

Offline project...offline.  Unless you updated the OFFLINE tag database after you made edits, your PC (where the OFFLINE tag database probably resides), does not know about the changes you made.  Point the offline tag database to the latest version of the program.

Offline, Refresh...this will update the off line tag database with the latest tag additions/deletions.  Refer to page 33.  https://www.rockwellautomation.com/resources/downloads/rockwellautomation/pdf/events/raotm/sessions/manuals/L06-FactoryTalkView.pdf

Unless I missed something in the original post, what is the significance of FactoryTalk View to the problem?