Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
erickahle

Vibraton monitoring

2 posts in this topic

I am searching for vibration monitoring hardware that will communicate through Device Net. Specifically, what I am looking for is hardware that will perform analysis on board while providing status feedback to a AB processor. I don't need real time vibration feedback. What I am looking for is something similar to IMF Effectors compact, remote device that will allow a snapshot of the data when polled and will communicate when it has detected a problem with either the machine it is monitoring or with itself. What I don't want is data that will require analysis from a "vibration guru". I have checked out Entek and IMF Effector. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

The XM-120 is as simple as Entek gets. I was able to set up thresholds on it and get the alarms into a ControlLogix through a 1756-DNB the one time that I worked with the XM products during a workshop. Their other product is an analog-output device called a "Sentinel", but it lacks self-diagnsotics and digital DeviceNet communications.