Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Richviper44

RSLogix 5000 MSG from L63 to Remote I/O via DHRIO and NI8 module

1 post in this topic

I am trying to get the data from a 1746-NI8 module using the message command (MSG) in RSLogix 5000.

Setup is 1756-L63 processor with a SLC remote rack (12 Slot) that has a 1747-ASB in slot 0 and dip switch settings seem correct with specialty module selected.

The NI8 is in physical slot 9.

Rack is setup as Rack 0, 3/4 Rack and 6 I/O groups two slot addressing (so alternate input module then output module using).

I am therefore assuming the data for the NI8 starts at group [4] as [0] to [3] is used up by the other modules.

Message Config is setup as Block transfer write for one MSG and read for the other.  Number of Elements currently set for [8] as there are 8 channels.

In the message command under communication/Module address should I be putting the NI8 module information here or the information for the ASB here?

I have green flashing lights for the two analog input channels that are configured.  But doing some reading this usually means the NI8 hasn't received the config data so that is why I ask this question.

Read and write messages seem to work but I am also unsure of the number of elements that need to be read and written as most of the documentation for the MSG command is PLC to PLC in the knowledgebase at AB.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Richviper44