Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nmk34

Diplay LogFile Tags on HMI and status of logfile

2 posts in this topic

I know how to log file and the use Datastore ActiveX to log data and also know how to retrieve files using USB. There is no capability at this time to FTP any file from the panel view because the Ethernet connections are all local to the plc and its own HMI. Is there away to display the tags that being logged in an Hmi tag? and or if the logging file started, stopped or got interrupted?

I assume you are using FTViewME and an A-B HMI.

It sounds like you want to parallel HMI data that is logged.  HMI logs data, now you want to retrieve the logged data...sounds like you really want a SCADA node and not just a HMI node.

How often do you want to retrieve data?  How many datapoints and type?  Is this a permanent solution or a temporary project?

You can do this and you will need (2) things...data and something to retrieve the data.  You can write a simple HMI macro that has a trigger to execute, such as any of your data tags changing state or a heartbeat tag.  The macro can write the data values that the HMI logs to new PLC tags (great use for a UDT to stuff all of the tag datapoints into a single array).  Now you have your data in one place, a structured UDT.

The HMI macro file will be your best bet to get HMI system information into the PLC.  

There are a number of reporting packages on the market to retrieve data from the PLC, and typically are priced as a function of the number of datapoints you want to archive and other requirements (i.e., automated report generation, interface with SQL server, etc.).  If you have a reporting front-end, such as CrystalReports, MySQL is a free and useful SQL-based datahog.