Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Al

RSlinx

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I want to connect an SLC4 to a PC running RSView32 with DH+ connection. The PC has a KTx card fitted. The only communication is between the PLC and RSView32. What is the minimum RSLinx version required? e.g. Lite, OEM etc.. Thanks Al

Usually you are going to want to buy RSView32 with RSLinx bundled with it. I think that RSI calls this licensing "RSLinx for RSView" in which the RSView32 license is what activates RSLinx. It's functionally equivalent to RSLinx Professional, but RSView32 is the only client it will support. If you have already somehow bought the RSView32 license and need to add RSLinx to it and only have one node on DH+, the right thing to buy is RSLinx OEM Single Node. This license option works just like it sounds; it's RSLinx OEM (which will support direct and OPC connections to RSView32) but it will only access one controller. It's the least expensive RSLinx license option. RSLinx Lite is insufficient for RSView32. It's been a while since I had to work up an RSView32 bundle... call your A-B distributor to get the right part numbers.