Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
btsp

FTView, Changing numeric value in plc from HMI.

2 posts in this topic

I have a drop down menu that is selecting different positions. Each position variable position is displayed depending on what is selected in the drop down. (variables shown are velocity, accel, ect). If drop down position 1 is selected , the corrisponding variables display below. I am trying to drive what position is displayed inside a data point. {[Covidien]McData.Servo.Axis_01[{[Covidien]vis_Axis_Position_Control1}].Pos} both of these are located within the plc. That setup does not work. ive tried multiple ways: {[Covidien]McData.Servo.Axis_01[{vis_Axis_Position_Control1}].Pos} {[Covidien]McData.Servo.Axis_01[{?}].Pos} {[Covidien]vis_Axis_Position_Control1} ={?} Using an HMI tag in the value then having {[Covidien]McData.Servo.Axis_01[{[Covidien]vis_Axis_Position_Control1}].Pos} = ? I am not sure how i can get this to work. Any suggestions Cheers,

You will need help from the PLC program. It must recognise the number chosen and move the appropriate values into common positions. If it is for display only then that is it. Otherwise if you wish to change the values from the HMI such that it changes the actual indexed value the PLC program must perform that also. We can ggo into that if you reply that it is needed.