thoresonr

CNTX as a long timer

5 posts in this topic

I am using a CNTX as a long timer (at &14400) ~4 hrs. I have timers that alternate off and on for 8 seconds a piece, but after the 4 hours I want to completely stop all timing functions. The manual says something about a completion flag, but I dont quite understand what that is, or how I can use that as an input or output. I know that when the CNTX reaches zero, it highlights itself in green and stops counting. right now i have the CNTX set at 40 seconds for testing. I am using a one second pulse for counting. HYDSKID.cxp

You could add a NC contact of the counter in series with each timer. That would stop them until the counter is reset.

I thought so but I am unsure of what address to use for the NC contact. You can see I tried using a coil attached to the CNTRX itself but it did nothing. I tried using 0002 as a contact but it just writes itself as I 0:02

The counter in your example would be C0002.

Awesome, thanks! I had to put the C0002 in front of every timer at the beginning to stop everything otherwise I would still get the last two timers to give me signals in both directions in the end. Thanks Mr Oestreich!