Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arbj

Some basic Fatek PLC questions

1 post in this topic

Hi, I am considering using this Fatek PLC for a motion control application that consists of a stepper motor, some limit switches and a RS 232 port for MODBUS RTU communication. Please see link for PLC http://www.fatek.com/en/prod.php?act=view&no=130, type: B1Z-10MT2-D24S My application is as follow, The PLC should generate step pulses required for a stepper controller, the step pulses must be approximately 5Khz pulse rate, limit switches will be monitored by the PLC, probably on interrupt lines if available, does the PLC have interrupts ?? The PLC will be configured as slave in the MODBUS RTU network. It must receive packets from the bus master and also be able to respond to the master..... Please advise if the above part is suitable for my application, also what is protocol used in the PLC serial port??, I have searched all datasheets and user manuals, but no mention is made of this.. Also is the software free of charge ? Do i need special cables for programming ?? Also how is hardware, does it last long?? What about quality?? I am going to drop a query to the company, but I thought if some user had experience with this PLC, then it would be useful... thanks a Edited by arbj