Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chantecler

Panel View Plus 6 and FTV version question

3 posts in this topic

Hi This is most probably an easy question. It's just that I want to be prepared. A client of mine is buying a new Panel View Plus 6 to which I have to download an application I created with Factory Talk View Studio 6.10. The thing is that the new Panel will probably come with a firmware higher than 6.10 and I do not count on a higher version of FTV Studio. Will I have to downgrade the PV? Is that possible? Will the PV run my application even if it is a different version? Will I have to buy a more recent version of FTV Studio? Thank you

In general, a PanelView Plus can run any version of a Runtime that is equal to or older than its own firmware. So if the PV+ comes from the factory with Version 8 firmware, it will be able to run a Runtime *.MER file from version 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 4.0, 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, or 8.0. Sometimes the ActiveX components are a challenge, but in general the ActiveX's built for the PV+6 will run on any newer terminal as well. "Downloading" can be a bit of a challenge because the older software's communication drivers (RSLinx Enterprise) won't recognize the newer terminals, so the application transfer utility can't load the Runtime file over the network. Fortunately, it's very easy to work around that because the PanelView Plus 6 supports file transfers using USB memory or SD card memory devices, which are cheap and common. How do you feel about Harbaugh taking over as head coach for Michigan football ?

Hi Ken, I thank you for your prompt reply and help. I really appreciate it. Honestly I don't follow college football from here. What I can say is that I enjoyed my those times in Michigan very very much. Many good memories. I remember that by that time (back in 1988) the head coach was Bo Schembechler who retired not much later. I also remember myself going to watch some Detroit Tigers games at the extinct Tiger Stadium, I remember Sparky, Tanana, Trammell and Whitaker (Louuu), Evans, Lemon, Sheridan, Pettis, Lynn, Murphy and of course our Luis Salazar. I became a Tiger's fan since then and I still am. Thanks again, bye Edited by chantecler