Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest David Videna

WinCC v5.0+sp2 +Windows XP+sp1

4 posts in this topic

WinCC v5.0 +Sp2 is running on Windows XP +SP1. What problem I will encounter if I continue using this operating system to run WinCC v5. Thank's if somebody answer, David

Hello, I'm not completely sure but I think that WinCC V5.0 SP2 is not supported by siemens to run on an XP platform. I installed WinCC v6.0 SP2 awile ago and Siemens recommended to install it on a PC with operating system Win2000. Also I've been told that Siemens only gives support for an operation system in the 4 languages (English, French, German and ?) Never the less I installed WinCC v 6.0 on XP and it worked fine. If I was in your shoes I install it on Win2000 and if that's not possible I wish you all the luck. Rudi

WinCC 6.0 is offcially released to work with 2k and XP Pro.

Dear Sir hi , how are you i read that you have installed wincc v6.0 , i installed v6.0 too and i have installed SQL server for it but i dont have any authorization for it and i can not use any tag (either internal or external ) with it . i have any problem with it please help me in this case . best regards reza