Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phild76

Indusoft Web Studio 7.1

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a question in regards to Indusoft Web Studio. I've added new controller tags in RSLogix 5000, and I want to transfer those tags to Indusoft and update the tag database. Both the 1768-L43 PLC and the HMI with Indusoft are both connected via Ethernet. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Phil

Indusoft's tag database is a lot like FactoryTalk View "HMI Tags", if you're familiar with how those work. You create and name and configure Tags in the HMI database, then connect them to controller tags or data tables in one of the Communications driver sheets. I usually just add the tags manually in the communications driver sheet; if you enter a new tag name in the left column it will let you create it right away. I know you can do some import-export, but I never do because I'm creating on-the-fly. Do remember that you need to stop the project and do a full download to the target to add a tag to the tag database or a comms driver; just doing a Save All while in Connected mode won't do it.