Chinese SC09 copy

Ron_S
By Ron_S in Mitsubishi,
Do you think Mitsubishi could actually learn something from the Chinese copy market? That may seem a strange question given that we trust and buy only Mitsubishi cables. But, 6 months ago I needed a USB SC09 for my desktop PC to run programs on my 'test' plc's My desktop pc doesn't have a serial port and is running Windows 7. The price of an original normal SC09 (of which I already have 2) is something like £240 (a lot of money for a bit of cable and a few chips) whereas I could see the copies on ebay for about £16. Of course I was wary but reasoned that I wasn't actually going to connect it to real plc's out at work. - so I bought one. I have been using it since then almost daily and it has never faulted or given any trouble (even using it with a virtual win xp drive for GX works) And, the second point which I really like is that this copy has communication red and green LED's on the protocol convertor to show you data is being transmitted. (like the Siemens ones) Do you think Mitsubishi should seriously think about their pricing of their cables (given the competition now) and also include the communication indicators in new models.
  • 34 replies