Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HKU_MS

1769-L16 on board IO

4 posts in this topic

I just flashed up an L16 with firmware 20.01 when I turned it on I got a fault on the on board IO showed not recognized device I can disable keying to the module and the fault doesn't happen the IO seems to work fine, but why wouldn't the module be compatible keying at this point I have put several of these into service using the same firmware with no problems just wondering if I should report this and try to get a replacement unit out of Rockwell or if leaving the Keying disabled for the on board IO will be alright. By the way an add on 4 point analog card is fine with compatible keying.

RA Knowledgebase Document ID # 498109 suggests that the firmware upgrade to the embedded POINT modules didn't complete properly. This is a problem that's been seen with v20 firmware in some cases. https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/498109 Try doing the firmware update again.

Thanks Ken I am still in suspense on updating to 21 vs 23 or 24 so may just Try Flashing it to 20 again. I am not real sure what the module Keying does in I/O is it very important for digital I/O to be comapatable keying.

If it were me, I would just try re-flashing v20 because I would not want to run with the I/O in an indeterminate revision. Since there's no chance of the embedded I/O being replaced with something different, it's logically just fine to leave it on Compatible Keying or No Keying.