Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aluminumtroll

Prosoft ILX34-AENWG Java Security

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I am using a web browser to log into this wireless Point I/O device to configure it. I can get online with the device through the web browser, but it will not let me interact with any of the menus. A windows security login pops up. I have spoken to tech support and attempted to use a "backdoor" for Java. You just put in the IP address of the device as an exempt site to Java Security on Java's security settings. I still am not able to change any settings. This java applet looks exactly like Allen Bradley's site when you log into a processor through a web browser. Has anyone else had similar issues with Java and know a work around? Thank You
1 person likes this

What browser/OS are you using? In newer versions of windows/ie, you do need to add security exceptions and what not. I don't know of any other method. Try a different browser maybe?
1 person likes this

Windows 7 Service Pack 1. I've used both Internet Explorer and Chrome. Both are current versions. I've made the exception and still no access. I've uninstalled all versions of Java and reinstalled.
1 person likes this

Be careful if you have both 32 bit and 64 bit version of java on your system. This can cause confusion as to which one you're using. I recommend only ever having 32 bit java on your system (even on 64 bit systems). Check that and see.
1 person likes this

I only have 64 bit versions and it looks like multiple revisions. Will get with IT to have all current versions removed and the most recent 32 bit version installed. Thanks for making me look at this again.
1 person likes this

A couple of things to try... If you have another unit, try it, as I'm not 100% sure it's a browser issue. Even though it appears to be an browser/security issue, it may also be a firmware issue (past experience). Try other browsers, if all browsers have the same issue, then you should reflash the firmware: ILX34-AENWG Firmware v3.5.0 Are you connecting to the webpage via wireless or LAN? Don't connect both, as this can cause issues also. Please try this also... Power off the ILX34 and set the dial to '777' Power on for one minute then power off Set the dial to '888' Power on for one minute then power off Set the dial to 123 and power on Try to connect to 192.168.1.123
1 person likes this

That was a lot of information, and I appreciate the other avenues to try, but I was still unable to configure these modules. The firmware is the most up to date, 3.00.50. I flashed it anyway. I have done the Java Security fix per tech note 580748. I've tried doing the hard restart that you issued. I have only tried using wired access. I will contact ProSoft again and hope to get a different tech that will try to give me more advise than changing the Java Security exception site list. Thanks for trying too. *EDIT* I also uninstalled Java completely and installed a 32 bit version. Edited by Aluminumtroll
1 person likes this