Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
apengineers

SLC500 Comms to Proface HMI Error

4 posts in this topic

Hello I have an SLC5/05 configured to communicate to a Proface HMI via RS232C. I have Ethernet connected to a DCS system. Ethernet to DCS is working fine, however, serial comms is my problem now. I am getting the following error "RHAA130: PLC1: Error has been responded for device read command. STS Response [10H], EXT Response [00H]. Checked internet and cannot locate the error code. Please provide some assistance. Bobby Tongga Edited by apengineers

The error code 10H means that the SLC controller received the message but can't respond to it because there's something formatted incorrectly in the command syntax. The most common reason for that is that you've requested a data file element that doesn't exist. For example, if data file N10 is only 40 elements long, and you ask for N10:50, the controller will respond with error code 10H. You have to check the data table addresses in your Proface application to be sure you aren't trying to read or write an address that doesn't exist in the controller.
1 person likes this

Thanks Ken, I have gone through my address list and found that I have N7: words programmed in PLC and proface HMI. I don't have N12: in PLC but do have them in Proface HMI. In other words I don't have N12: words. Will that be the cause? I also have a difference in software version so would want to know 100% before I can do a download. Bobby

If the HMI is requesting N12:xx data table elements but they don't exist in the controller, that is definitely the reason for the Error 10H indication on the HMI. The SLC is simply telling the HMI that it doesn't have the data the HMI is asking for.