Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dhoneycutt

PICO / PicoSoft Getting Started

3 posts in this topic

Hello Group, I need a little help getting started with PicoSoft programming software. I am building a very simple project to be controlled by a PICO 1760-L12AWA PLC. I have done a substantial amount of programming with MicroLogix 1400 but this my first PICO with PicoSoft. Nothing about the software makes sense to me. I keep trying to compare to RSLogix and it seems there is no comparison. Please suggest a good primer/guide for me to read or follow. Thanks to all, Dave

Dave: Have you already purchased this Pico if not you might want to look into the micro 810 12 point controller instead. The processor is even cheaper and the free software has built in Help for programming also online videos for several common task are available and you are more likely to run into these in the future because the Pico line is obsolete. but if you are locked into a Pico I remember there being free downloadable manual for Picosoft 6 at AB.com if they have not taken it down.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1760-um001_-en-p.pdf here is the UM for the 1760 series