Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tashinz

Omron PNT21 profinet with Siemens ET200SP

2 posts in this topic

I have a following config: CJ2M-CPU33 with profinet IO controller CJ1W-PNT21 module. Remote IO is Siemens ET200SP with several DI, DQ and AI modules. I've downloaded the latest GSDML file for ET200SP, installed in CX-ConfiguratorFDT. I've configured everything and downloaded it, but there is no IO data exchange. According to LEDs on PNT21 it tries to establish IO exchange but on ET200SP ER led is blinking red, diag LED on first module is ON (green) and diag on other modules are flashing green. the config is ok, I've checked it several times. one might know that in ET200SP IO modules are inserted in base units which can be light and dark. the first module is allways plugged into light base module (which have to be wired to 24VDC source) and the rest (5 IO modules in my case) are plugged into dark base units (they are getting power from the unit on the left). Now, after all desperation, I've plugged out the first module (while power on) after which LEDs on PNT21 were ON (MS NS COMM and 100M) which means IO data exchange is established, and Diag on modules stopped flashing and turned ON, but ER on ET200SP was still blinking red. Then I plugged in the first module, ER is gone, all modules Diag are green, PNT21 LEDs are still ON and IO data exchange is performing which I've checked directly in PLC memory after wiring 24VDC to digital input. When PLC is sent to program mode or turned off, then back to RUN/Monitor or turned on, the errors are again present and there is no IO data exchange. if first module is taken out, then taken back, problem is solved, IO data exchange works. just to mention, in cx-config IO device error is reported as unknown error check for software updates. Has anyone dealt with similar configuration? with siemens et200sp? maybe someone has a workaround for this? thanx. Edited by tashinz

Well, this is the deal. ET200SP makes a difference between base modules (one to which you plug the IO modules and to which you can wire) as light and dark base units. I've taken into account that from the beggining since I put light base unit on the first place and other 5 dark units to the right of it. And when you do that in TIA Portal software (when configuring hardware) it is automatically done in project. But not i CX-Configurator. After I've found the parameter for each module that specifies whether the base unit is dark or light, and i specified the first base unit is light and others dark, everything works. By default, this paremeter is set to dark base unit. I hope this can help someone with similar problems. regards
1 person likes this