Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mac

PANELVIEW CURRENT USER MONITOR

3 posts in this topic

I am looking for information on monitoring a user by their password. I have a panelview 550 with a micrologix 1500. With the panelbuilder software I can see in security settings the option to put in a Current User tag for the protected screen. When I try to put a tag in I'm not getting the result I expect. I'd like to be able know which operator is accessing the secured screen and changing values. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Edited by Mac

50 views and nobody has any info on this? Is it something I said or the way I said it? :)

PanelBuilder is pretty well obsolete from my impressions (last time I rang my RA distributor asking about it I got a blank stare. I'm not sure how they managed to convey a blank stare over the phone, but they did). There probably aren't a lot of guys dealing with it regularly enough to be able to offer useful advice off the top of their heads (and people around here are also pretty good about not flooding your post with useless advice ) The only suggestions I can make would be to have a read through this manual: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711-um014_-en-p.pdf And if the popup where you're entering this tag has a Help button, click it. In the newer FTView Studio, most of the time the manual just tells you to press the help button, and the help file is generally pretty detailed and helpful. I hope you find what you're looking for!