Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DoktorPsych0

Few questions- Wago 750 series logging/HMI

2 posts in this topic

Hello all, My company is wanting to finally upgrade their test stand after it's fallen into complete disrepair. The system would use a Wago 750-880 and probably around 30 i/o cards. My questions are the following: What are the logging capablilities of the 880 plcs (as in how much can I log before I'd have to move it/ destroy it)? How do I move it from the plc to a PC running an HMI to both format it and print out a final test report? What free/near-free HMI software do you recommend that can both display the current values, trending, ect and take the log, format it then allow to print? If there isn't a single program capable to do this, what combination would work? They are also wanting to be able to have customers log in remotely and see the test values so, if possible, the program would be able to do that as well. I'm not too familiar with HMI software as I've always used the 841 and its internal webserver but the amount of information was always too big so we had to hand write most everything. As you can tell, I have a pretty shoestring budget once I get past the absolute basics of plc and cards hence the free/near-free requirement. Thank you in advance.

as 880 is also limited in memory, however it is possible to store data. i would write log files for each test apart to a PC. The codesys software can do this for you (it is in wago software) yes you can use internal webserver, however i would use a separate PC for the customers, and not a PLC as the software would be very tricky to make.