Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
turbotater

kt-1 pcmk communication problem

6 posts in this topic

I am a little rusty here and on a phone so it is difficult to search. I am trying to get online with a 5/04 DH+  In rs linx I selected the 1784 pcmk for dh+ driver and then selected the parameters of  Pcmk and Dh+. I received no error and it is running. When i start browsing it only shows the laptop . I have no icon for processor on the right side of the screen and displays node 0 found. I am using 1784-pcm5/B cable. What did i leave out? Thanxs

First, the basics: The 1784-PCM5 cable has a 9-pin D-shell connector on the end that was meant for the old PLC-5 Classic PCL ports. It is *not* an RS-232 port and should not be connected to the Channel 0 RS-232 port of the SLC-5/04 controller. To connect it to the SLC-5/04's DH+ port you will need a 1784-CP7 adapter, nicknamed the "space shuttle adapter" for its shape. This lets you connect the 1784-PCM5 cable to the round mini-DIN8 connector on the SLC-5/04 Channel 1 DH+ network port. The SLC-5/04 Channel 1 port can be set for 57.6 kb/s or for 230.4 kb/s DH+ data rate, so check both.

I do have the adapter on the end of the cable and it is installed in round socket.

I have tried different station numbers and swapped processor cards

problem solved. it just was not making a connection from the cable to the card. i had to pinch it tight top to bottom and then rotate gently and it started working. what a piece of junk connector for an industrial enviroment thanxs for the assistance