Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
richypat07

HSC simulation

3 posts in this topic

Hi, Is there a way to simulate C0 as a high speed counter? I've setup C0 as a high speed counter (in PLC settings), and I've added PRV (881) with settings of #10, #0 and D0. I've created a rung to include an input of 0001 going direct to w001. I was hoping to test the high speed counter using this rung in simulation only. The problem I have is blocks A270 and A271 do not change when I pulse 0001 in simulation. Should I be able to test the high speed counter in simulation? or will I have to connect to PLC hardware and monitor it live to see it work? I can add image of rungs etc if required. Thanks in advance!!

One other thing I would like advice on is... is there a way to protect the HSC from encoder bounce? ideally in Differential Phase Mode? The application I have will (when shaft is idle) often pulses a single channel input i.e. Channel A off, on, off, on, off, on etc with no input on channel B. i want the counter to recognise this and not count them after the 1st. I can do this with logic but not sure how to do this in cx one with HSC. Any advice greatly appreciated!

Connecting direct to PLC (I.e. not in simulation mode) works. Closed.