Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xenith

DIY RJ45 to RS232 cable for Momentum 171 CCC 760 10 IEC

2 posts in this topic

Hello Sir and Madam, I'm trying to make myself a cable that could link my Momentum 171 CCC 760 10 to my desktop. Based on the Schneider's manual titled as "Momentum M1 Processor Adapter and Option Adapter" , page 104 , i will need to make a cable with one connector head is female's RJ45 and another the end is RS232's female connector. The screenshot of the manual is as per below. Here is the end result of my own made cable. I am using Concept v2.6. My desktop has only one com port. When i try to connect to cpu, the concept keep shown error of connection timeout. Currently i do not have a known good cable and would like to avoid from buying a new cable. 1. Regarding to desktop com port setting, which parity setting should i choose ? Even, odd or none ? Should the port setting at Concept match the desktop com port setting ? 2. How about the PLC node ? Will this cause connection timeout if i set it wrongly ? So would like to ask kind help to point out which and where i had done wrong. Thank you very much for the advice ! Edited by xenith

In case if anyone wonder, i had wrongly solder the wire to pin 9 instead of pin 6. Thus this issue is considered as closed. Keep for future reference.