Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ASForrest

SoftLogix service automatically starting

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I've just installed SoftLogix to do some testing with a few drives. It seems to be working nicely so far, but there's one annoying thing it does - every time my computer starts, it automatically sets RSLinx to run as a service, and starts the SoftLogix service as well. Now, I can see why you would want to do this if you were using that computer as a softlogix PLC, but obviously in my case it's just a pain in the neck. I've gone to Administative Tools/Services, and changed both RSLinx and SoftLogix Startup Type to Manual, but every time I reboot it reverts. Has anyone got any ideas on how to stop that? I'm using Windows 7 Professional X64, and running it on VMWare Fusion, though I doubt that has anything to do with it. Thanks :)

Try this.. Go to Start>Run>type in msconfig and press Enter Once the System Configuration Utility pops up, find the line that resembles: ChassisLaunchMonitor "C:\Program Files\Rockwell Automation\SoftLogix5800\ChassisMonLauncher.bat" Uncheck the line above and press OK. Hope that helps. Edited by y2kmfic
2 people like this

That did it. In the startup tab was SLChassisMon, unchecked that and all good. Thanks!