Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TooTall

HELP! 1756-L61 - I can't see all of my cards!

5 posts in this topic

RSLinx doesn't detect all of my cards. Its runnining a ControlLogix 5561 controller, communicating with ethernet, RSLogix 5000 revision 13.25. I pull up RSLinx, scroll thru the backplane and 3 of my carrds don't show (slots 9, 10, 12). the cards light up and appear to be on. This machine ran fine last time it was used several weeks ago. Fire it up today, it won't run. Ideas?

Is the I/O LED on the ControlLogix solid green, or blinking ? If it's blinking, it probably can't make an I/O connection to those cards. The cards themselves or the backplane might be damaged.

Problem solved. What initally caused the original problem is a mystery, some conveyors not running. My RSlinx issue was my fault. I was comunicating with a different machine, even the engineers didn't know that was possible. I should have payed attention to the IIP address.

Just one to note: RSLogix 5000 version 13.25 is an old version and probably wont have the latest drivers in for certain cards, so if you have to replace any cards in the future, it may become an issue. Most of the cards have their drivers downloadable from the Rockwell site, but I'm not sure if there would be patches that may require adding to version 13.25 in order for them to work.