Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ronny_resistor

OMRON ETHERNET I/P to LENZE DRIVES

1 post in this topic

I have installed a EDS file that configures the OMRON I/P module to communicate with a LENZE drive. On installation through Omron "Designer" Software the program quits and displays that the Ethernet module attached to the LENZE drive is not able to be configured. We communicated with LENZE and they told us that there equipment is correct and that the issue lies with OMRON. I tried to communicate with an Allen Bradley L23 Ethernet processor to the Lenze drive and 5 minutes later the unit is talking and working. (No EDS file required, "generic Ethernet Module". So to make this work we manipulated the EDS file (Specifically Param 121). Whenever we tried to install the EDS file the Drive would revert to "0" and break communication. When we defaulted to "9" the drive defaults to NETWORK Enable. So now LENZE is saying "NO" you cant do this this is OMRON'S issue and they have done everything correctly. And OMRON is saying no this is LENZE's problem as there hardware is not able to deal with the EDS file correctly. I have attached some screen shots and the TXT file is really the EDS file with the extension changed. Param121 = 0, $ Reserved/Data slot 7,"20 0F 25 79 00 30 01", $ Link path size and link path 0x000E, $ Descriptor 0xC7, 2, $ Data type and size "P121 TB-13A Input Function", $ Parameter name " ", $ Unit "TB-13A Input Function",$ Help string 0,22,0, $ Min & Max values <<<<<<----------------------------------------THIS LINE HERE CHANGED TO 0,22,9 $ Default value 1,1,1,0, $ Scaling factors. (Multiplier, divider, base & offset) 0,0,0,0, $ Scaling links (Multi, div, base, offset) 0; $ Precision Enum121 = 0,"None", $ 0 1,"Auto Ref: 0-10VDC", $ 1 2,"Auto Ref: 4-20mA", $ 2 3,"Auto Ref: Preset", $ 3 4,"Auto Ref: MOP Up", $ 4 5,"Auto Ref: MOP Down", $ 5 6,"Auto Ref: Keypad", $ 6 7,"Auto Ref: Network", $ 7 8,"Control Select", $ 8 9,"Network Enable", $ 9 10,"Reverse Rotation", $ 10 11,"Start Forward", $ 11 12,"Start Reverse", $ 12 13,"Run Forward", $ 13 14,"Run Reverse", $ 14 15,"Jog Forward", $ 15 16,"Jog Reverse", $ 16 17,"Accel/Decel#2", $ 17 18,"DC Brake", $ 18 19,"Auxiliary Ramp to Stop", $ 19 20,"Clear Fault", $ 20 21,"External Fault F.EF", $ 21 22,"Inv External Fault F.EF"; $ 22 SMVET101.txt