Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
heisenberg

Communication between AB 1769-L30ER and S7 CPU with PS69-DPS PROFIBUS SLAVE

2 posts in this topic

Could anybody please help me with the steps in making a communication between Compactlogix 1768-L30ER CPU and Siemens S7 CPU with PS69-DPS PROFIBUS Slave Module from Prosoft. I have tried reading the manual from Prosoft but since I have never done this before, it's difficult for me to understand the steps for the "handshake" between two PLCs and the exchange of the data.

Walter White.. Here are the simplified steps I'm pulling from memory... 1. With power off, place your PS69-DPS on your L30ER rack. 1.1 Using the rotary dial, change the node address of your PS69-DPS 2. Power on your L30ER rack on. In RSLogix 5000: 3. Add a generic 1769 Module and point it to the PS69-DPS slot 4. Import the Add-on instruction and be sure it points to the PS69-DPS slot 5. Download to your L30ER and place in run In Step7: 6. Be sure to import the PS69-DPS GSD file 7. Add the PS69-DPS to the PROFIBUS network and change the node ID to match the rotary dial 8. In the Network configuration, modify the PS69-DPS with the desired memory (Slots) 9. Compile and download your project to the S7 CPU and place in run 10. Connect your PROFIBUS cable Again, those are the simplified steps. The user manual has more detail in what is explained above. Also, ProSoft has an office in France, with an excellent support staff. You should give them a call, or Email at: support@psft.com