Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FET_Destroyer

ERROR: '#STR2UINT$'

4 posts in this topic

Hello Guys, I'm with some issues with one program. I made the program to one CJ2M-cpu33, but it was made to be compatible with CJ1M-cpu21 memory zones. So when I compile offline the program is OK. When I connect online and try to transfer to P LC or compile while online I get this error 3 times. ERROR: '#STR2UINT$': Cannot be used because they are not supported by the connecting target PLC. Check the unit version of the PLC. I get this error on the function block only with 3 lines of code. Says that the error is on STR2UINT but I used the function STRING_TO_UINT in the function block. Don't know what to do to fix this :s Edited by FET_Destroyer

CX-Programmer's compiler is set to latest cpu's unit version so it checks program according to features supported by that unit version. when you connect to plc it can detect the cpu unit version. But you can change the cpu unit version compiler is using: go to menu PLC - > Program Check Options and in that window you can change amongst other things the unit version of cpu. then the compiler will show errors offline also. remedy for this is to buy newer plc or to solve your conversion in ladder. what you used, is supported from cpu unit version 4.0. regards Edited by tashinz

Hi tashinz, You're right, I changed the cpu version to 4.0 and it compiles correctly, but when I connect the PLC (version 3.1) It gave me that error on the compile. Where can I see the functions that are compatible with version 3.1? Regards

A complete list of features supported by the particular version of cpu I am not aware where it can be found, but some of it one can find in cs cj programming manual and instruction reference manual. But I think the most convenient way is to check the cx-programmer's help for a particular command where at the end of every article you can find the Supported PLCs link to a table with all commands. this is for ladder instructions. for ST you'll get there buy pressing F1 in structure text editor and find Structured Text Functions, where you'll get the table. regards Edited by tashinz