Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FET_Destroyer

cx-supervisor data with timestamp format

4 posts in this topic

Hello Guys, I'm with some doubts regarding cx-supervisor. I need to read/write data from one CJ2M plc, I was thinking on cx-server opc, but my company already bought a cx-supervisor licence so I will have to use it. My question is, I'm reading 3 words from PLC, A351,352 and 353 with date information, I want to save it to a SQLserver db with timestamp format, but my knowledge in cx-supervisor is very small. I may have to program it in VB right? Can somebody help me with it? Regards

if it is cx-supervisor plus than you can connect directly to sql server database (using odbc - checkout the user's manual section Databases) and use cx-s script commands to read/write data to database. i recomend to use sql server's function to insert a timestamp into record in the moment of writing to database e.g. make a field date_time of datetime type and in Default value or binding property put (getdate()) function. regards

you can extract info from A351, 352 etc words in scada and create a textual point containing a date and time information. you can create it in datetime format SQL Server uses (something like 2013-12-09 11:45:23 but I am not sure if this depends on regional settings - i think not since this is I suppose some standard. also, I think in SQL Server's datetime format there are miliseconds). this way you can treat later in SQL statements field Date_Time as datetime type. you can do that in plc also - create a string with date and time. for plc or scada conversion try this: (* this is ST code you can put this in FB. similar is for SCADA *) MySecond := MOD(WORD_BCD_TO_UINT (mmss), 100); (* mmss is A351 *) MyMinute := WORD_BCD_TO_UINT (mmss) / 100; MyHour := MOD(WORD_BCD_TO_UINT (DDHH), 100); (* DDHH is A352 *) MyDay := WORD_BCD_TO_UINT (DDHH) / 100; MyMonth := MOD( WORD_BCD_TO_UINT (YYMM), 100); (* YYMM is A353 *) MyYear := WORD_BCD_TO_UINT (YYMM) / 100 + 2000; Date_Time := UINT_TO_STRING(MyYear) + '-' + UINT_TO_STRING(MyMonth) + '-' + UINT_TO_STRING(MyDay) + ' ' + UINT_TO_STRING(MyHour) + ':' + UINT_TO_STRING(MyMinute) + ':' + UINT_TO_STRING(MySecond); (* end of code *) Where Date_Time is in/out since editor doesn't allow string type as only output: Date_Time STRING EXTERNAL 0 20 Watch out for data format, A351 ... A353 are UINT_BCD therefore the conversions. since you use A351...A353 for creating your timestamps for alarms I suppose they too are of UINT_BCD. regards Edited by tashinz